LETLAPA PLATES (Pty) Ltd
Kindly note that these Terms and Conditions may not be copied or used, in part or whole, without the express written permission of BUYS INCORPORATED ATTORNEYS, specialists in Internet and e-commerce law. Telephone: (021) 461 7387. Web site: www.buys.co.za. This document is licensed to Letlapa Plates (Pty) Ltd for use on its web site only.
- Persons using the Letlapa Plates web site for any reason whatsoever, subject themselves to and agree to the terms and conditions of Letlapa Plates when accessing the web site as set out below.
- This web site is intended to provide the user with information regarding Letlapa Plates, its products offered and/or services rendered.
- Without derogating from the aforegoing, Letlapa Plates hereby authorises the user to view, copy, download to a local drive, print and distribute the content of this web site, or any part thereof, provided that:
- such content is used for information and/or non-commercial purposes only; and
- any reproduction of this the content of this web site, or portion thereof, must include the following copyright notice: © Letlapa Plates (Pty) Ltd 2002 All Rights Reserved.
- Users that wish to use content from this site for commercial purposes may only do so with prior written permission.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All content, trademarks and data on this web site, including but not limited to, software, databases, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, private information, and designs are the property of or licensed to Letlapa Plates, and as such, are protected from infringement by domestic and international legislation and treaties. Subject to the rights afforded to the user herein, all other rights to all intellectual property on this site is expressly reserved.
- DISCLOSURES REQUIRED BY SECTION 43 OF THE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSACTIONS ACT NO. 25 OF 2002
- The full name and legal status of the web site owner is: Letlapa Plates (Pty) Ltd, Registration Number 2000/010126/07, Vat Registration Number 454018 7117.
- The full address of the web site owner is detailed hereunder.
- The web site address of this web site is www.plates.co.za
- Membership of self-regulatory or accreditation bodies: None
- Codes of conduct to which this web site subscribes: None
- This website is operated by a Company registered in South Africa with the following Directors : Brian Benatar, Barry Berman, Charles Berman, Ramateu Monyokolo, Tlhalefang Sekano. Registered Address : Entrance 2, Sanlam Arena, Cradock Avenue, Rosebank, 2196.
- Physical address for receipt of legal service: Entrance 2, Sanlam Arena, Cradock Avenue, Rosebank, 2196.
- Main business: The provision of an electronic interface for motorists to apply for the rights to display Personalised Registration Numbers (PRNs) and Specialised Registration Numbers (SRNs) in the Gauteng and Western Provinces and Personalised Registration Numbers (PRNs) in the Eastern Cape, Northern, Northern Cape, North-West, KwaZulu Natal, Free State and Mpumalanga Provinces.
- Costs / Payment Methods
- Shipping costs: None
- Taxes: Prices quoted on this web site include Value Added Tax at 14 (fourteen) percent. Customers may be required to incur additional costs with the Provincial Administration for license updates or license renewals which may fall due upon registering a new registration number to their vehicles.
- Manner of payment: Once application has been made via the web site and Letlapa Plates have confirmed the availability of the registration number for which application was made, the customer will be provided with the option of making either a cheque, credit card or direct electronic transfer payment to Letlapa Plates.
- Records of transactions: A record of all transactions is available at our offices and will be made available upon request.
- Terms of agreement:
- An agreement between Letlapa Plates and a user shall only come into effect if and when:
- The consumer receives confirmation, either by phone or email that : (1) that the PRN or SRN is available and (2) has been approved by the Provincial Authority; and
- A credit card authorisation is received from an issuing bank; or
- An electronic transfer is reflected on Letlapa Plates' bank statement and only if such payment is received within 5 (five) business days after completion of the purchase cycle); or
- A direct deposit, cheque or cash is reflected on Letlapa Plates's bank statement (and only if such payment is received within 5 (five) business days after completion of the purchase cycle.
- Letlapa Plates reserves the right to refuse to accept and/or execute an order without giving any reasons therefor. Letlapa Plates also reserves the right to cancel orders in whole or in part in Letlapa Plates's sole and absolute discretion. Letlapa Plates shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by the user.
- Time of dispatch: No products are dispatched as a result of an application made online. A Letlapa Plates Customer Service Representative will make either telephonic, fax or email contact with the user once their application has been approved. This usually takes between 1 and 5 days.
- Payment security: No payment information should be submitted online by the users of Plates.co.za.
- All disputes concerning the use and / or inability to use this website and/or the services being offered through this website shall be submitted to arbitration in terms of the rules of the South African Arbitration Foundation. Such arbitration shall be conducted in Johannesburg in English.
- Cooling-off period: You have the right to return goods or services purchased from this site within 7 days if such goods or services are not listed in section 42 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No. 25 of 2002. This right does not extend to the following goods and/or services:
- for financial services, including but not limited to, investment services, insurance and reinsurance operations, banking services and operations relating to dealings in securities;
- by way of an auction;
- for the supply of foodstuffs, beverages or other goods intended for everyday consumption supplied to the home, residence or workplace of the consumer.
- for services which has begun with the consumer's consent before the end of the seven day period referred to in section 45(1);
- where the price for the supply of goods or services is dependent on fluctuations in the financial markets and which cannot be controlled by the supplier;
- where the goods-
- are made to the consumer's specifications;
- or clearly personalized;
- by reason of their nature cannot be returned; or
- are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- where audio or video recordings or computer software were unsealed by the consumer;
- for the sale of newspapers, periodicals and magazines ;
- for the provision of gaming and lottery services; or
- for the provision of accommodation, transport, catering or leisure services and where the supplier undertakes, when the transaction is concluded, to provide these services on a specific date or within a specific period.
- The user has the right to review, correct and cancel electronic transactions before the user affects payment.
- The user may lodge a complaint with the Consumer Affairs Committee if this site does not comply with Chapter VII of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act and/or this agreement.
- By using this web site or communicating with Letlapa Plates by electronic means, the user consents and acknowledges that any and all agreements, notices, disclosures, or any other communication satisfies any legal requirement, including but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be "in writing".
- CHANGES AND AMENDMENTS
- Letlapa Plates expressly reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to alter and/or amend any criteria or information set out in this web site without prior notice.
- Letlapa Plates reserves the right to change and amend the prices and rates quoted on this web site without any notice.
- The user undertakes to review the website frequently and to acquaint themselves with the changes and/or amendments in the information supplied on the web site.
- Letlapa Plates protects the user's privacy:
- Subject to the disclosure to the relevant Government Departments, Provincial and Local Authorities and third parties directly associated with the licensing of a PRN or SRN to a vehicle, no personal information will be disclosed to third parties without the user's permission or due process.
- Letlapa Plates gathers and will be in possession of the following private and personal information:
- Information provided by the user voluntarily - this information is used to provide a better service to users; and
- By using this web site the User consents to the following:
- Letlapa Plates may use your personal information to communicate with the user from time to time. Users may indicate if they do not wish to receive such communications; and
- Letlapa Plates may use user's information for non-personal statistical purposes.
- Letlapa Plates retains the copyright in databases of personal information of users.
- LINKING AND FRAMING
- Any third party site may link to this web site provided that such a link is directed at the home page of this web site. It is expressly prohibited for any person, business, entity or web site to link to any page other than the home page of this web site, without the prior written approval of Letlapa Plates.
- It is expressly prohibited for any person, business, entity, or web site to frame any page on this web site, including the home page, in any way whatsoever, without the prior written approval of Letlapa Plates.
- AGREEMENTS IN TERMS OF SECTION 21 OF THE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSACTIONS ACT
- No information or data on this web site is an offer, but merely an invitation to do business.
- No agreements shall be concluded merely by sending a data message to this web site or its owners. Valid agreements require the fulfilment of the conditions detailed in 4.
- SEARCHING TECHNOLOGY
- The use of non-malicious search technology, such as "web-crawlers" or "web-spiders", to search and gain information from this web site is not permitted if such technology will result in slowing down this web site' server or copyright infringement of any data and information available from this web site. Data and information may only be used in compliance with sections 1 hereof.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
- Letlapa Plates may provide links to the user only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply Letlapa Plates' endorsement of such sites.
- Linked web sites or pages are not subject to the control of Letlapa Plates. Letlapa Plates shall not be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for the contents, use, or inability to use or access any linked web sites or any links contained in a linked web site.
- SECURITY OF INFORMATION
- All reasonable steps will be taken to secure a user's information.
- It is expressly prohibited for any person, business, or entity to gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any page on this web site, or to deliver or attempt to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this web site. Any person who delivers or attempts to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this web site or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this web site shall be held criminally liable, and in the event that Letlapa Plates should suffer any damage or loss, civil damages will be claimed.
- Subject to the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, Letlapa Plates shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this web site or the services or content provided from and through this web site. Furthermore, Letlapa Plates makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this web site are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free.
- This web site is supplied on an "as is" basis and has not been compiled or supplied to meet the user's individual requirements. It is the sole responsibility of the user to satisfy itself prior to entering into this agreement with Letlapa Plates that the service available from and through this web site will meet the user's individual requirements and be compatible with the user's hardware and/or software
- Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this site should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of Letlapa Plates and users are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas or opinions expressed on this site
- Neither Letlapa Plates nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use any product sold on this web site
- These Terms and Conditions of Use and the Conditions relating to a Special Registration Number or a Personalised Registration Number (Gauteng Province or Western Province) constitute the entire agreement between Letlapa Plates and you, the user of this web site. Any failure by Letlapa Plates to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use shall in no way constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- In the event that any term or condition of the use of this web site is not fully enforceable or valid for any reason, such term(s) or condition(s) shall be severable from the remaining terms and conditions. The remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected by such unenforceability or invalidity and shall remain enforceable and applicable.
- APPLICABLE AND GOVENERING LAW
This web site is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa, and thus the South African Law governs the use or inability to use this web site and these Terms and Conditions.
- CONTACT INFORMATION / DOMCILIUM CITANDI ET EXECUTANDI
- If you have any questions, queries or wish to request permission to use any part of this web site, including, linking, framing, or searching, please contact us at:
Entrance 2, Sanlam Arena, Cradock Avenue, Rosebank, 2196
PO Box 1445, Parklands, 2121
Tel: (011) 327 0303
Fax: (011) 327 0504
© 2002 BUYS INCORPORATED ATTORNEYS All Rights Reserved